- T. Lelièvre, G. Samaey, and P. Zielinski, Analysis of a micro-macro acceleration method with minimum relative entropy moment matching, 2018. Submitted.
- W. Melis, T. Rey, and G. Samaey, Projective and telescopic projective integration for the nonlinear BGK and Boltzmann equations, 2017. Submitted.
- G. Dimarco, L. Pareschi, and G. Samaey, Asymptotic-preserving Monte Carlo methods for transport equations in the diffusive limit, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 40:A504-A528, 2018.
- W. Melis and G. Samaey, Telescopic projective integration for kinetic equations with multiple relaxation times, Journal of Scientific Computing 2017. In press.
- K. Debrabant, G. Samaey and P. Zielinski, A micro-macro acceleration method for the Monte Carlo simulation of stochastic differential equations, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis 55:2745–2786, 2017.
- P. Lafitte, W. Melis and G. Samaey, A high-order relaxation method with projective integration for solving nonlinear systems of hyperbolic conservation laws, Journal of Computational Physics 340:1-25, 2017.
- W. Melis and G. Samaey, Variance-reduced multiscale simulation of slow-fast stochastic differential equations, Journal of Computational Science 20:162–176, 2017.
- A. Lejon, B. Mortier and G. Samaey, Variance-reduced simulation of stochastic agent-based models for tumor growth, SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation 15:388–409, 2017.
- P. Lafitte, A. Lejon and G. Samaey, A high-order asymptotic-preserving scheme for kinetic equations using projective integration, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis 54:1-33, 2016.
- P. Liu, G. Samaey, C.W. Gear and I.G. Kevrekidis, On the acceleration of spatially distributed agent-based computations: a patch dynamics scheme, Applied Numerical Mathematics 92:54-69, 2015.
- D. Avitabile, R. Hoyle and G. Samaey, Noise reduction in coarse bifurcation analysis of stochastic agent-based models: an example of consumer lock-in, SIAM Journal on Applied Dynamical Systems 13(4):1583–1619, 2014.
- F. Legoll, T. Lelièvre, and G. Samaey, A micro/macro parareal algorithm for singularly perturbed ordinary differential equations, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 35:A1951-A1986, 2013.
- M. Rousset and G. Samaey, Individual-based models for bacterial chemotaxis in the diffusion asymptotics, Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences 23:2005-2037, 2013.
- M. Rousset and G. Samaey, Simulating individual-based models for bacterial chemotaxis with asymptotic variance reduction, Mathematical Models and Methods in Applied Sciences 23:2155-2191, 2013.
- G. Mazzi, Y. De Decker and G. Samaey, Towards an efficient multiscale modeling of low-dimensional reactive systems: study of numerical closure procedures, Journal of Chemical Physics 137:204115, 2012.
- P. Lafitte and G. Samaey, Asymptotic-preserving projective integration schemes for kinetic equations in the diffusion limit, SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing 34:A579-A602, 2012.
- Y. Frederix, G. Samaey and D. Roose, An analysis of noise propagation in the multiscale simulation of coarse Fokker-Planck equations, ESAIM: Mathematical Modelling and Numerical Analysis 45:541-561, 2011.
- G. Samaey, T. Lelièvre and V. Legat, A numerical closure approach for kinetic models of polymeric fluids: exploring closure relations for FENE dumbbells, Computers and Fluids, 43:119-133, 2011.
- I.G. Kevrekidis and G. Samaey, Equation-free modeling, Scholarpedia, 5(9):4847, 2010. Invited review article.
- G. Samaey, and W. Vanroose, An analysis of equivalent operator preconditioning for equation-free Newton-Krylov methods, SIAM Journal on Numerical Analysis 48(2):633-658, 2010.
- I.G. Kevrekidis and G. Samaey, Equation-free multiscale computation: algorithms and applications, Annual Review of Physical Chemistry 60:321-344, 2009. Invited review.
- Y. Frederix, G. Samaey, C. Vandekerckhove, D. Roose, T. Li and E. Nies, Lifting in equation-free methods for molecular dynamic simulations of dense fluids, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Series B 11(4):855-874, 2009.
- G. Samaey, W. Vanroose, I.G. Kevrekidis and D. Roose, Equation-free Newton-Krylov methods for the computation of macroscopic traveling waves, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering 197:3480-3491, 2008.
- G. Samaey, I.G. Kevrekidis and D. Roose, Patch dynamics with buffers for homogenization problems, Journal of Computational Physics 213(1):264-287, 2006.
- G. Samaey, B. Sandstede, Determining stability of pulses for partial differential equations with time delays, Dynamical Systems: an International Journal, 20(2):201-222, 2005.
- K. Green, B. Krauskopf, and G. Samaey, A two-parameter study of the locking region of a semiconductor laser subject to phase-conjugate feedback, SIAM Journal of Applied Dynamical Systems, 2(2):254-276, 2003.
- G. Samaey, D. Roose, and I.G. Kevrekidis, The gap-tooth scheme for homogenization problems, SIAM Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, 4(1):278-306, 2005.
- G. Samaey, K. Engelborghs, and D. Roose, Numerical computation of connecting orbits in delay differential equations, Numerical Algorithms, 30(3-4):335-353, 2002.
Applications in scientific computing
Plasma edge simulation in nuclear fusion (2016-…)
- K. Ghoos, G. Samaey, M. Baelmans, Accuracy and convergence of iteratively solved Monte Carlo codes for simulations in the plasma edge of nuclear fusion reactors, Contributions to Plasma Physics, 2018. In press.
- M. Baeten, K. Ghoos, M. Baelmans, G. Samaey, Analytical study of statistical error in coupled finite-volume/Monte-Carlo simulations of the plasma edge, Contributions to Plasma Physics, 2018. In press.
- N. Horsten, G. Samaey, M. Baelmans, Hybrid fluid-kinetic neutral model based on a kinetic correction on a fluid solution, Contributions to Plasma Physics, 2018. In press.
- W. Dekeyser, M. Blommaert, K. Ghoos, N. Horsten, P. Boerner, G. Samaey, M. Baelmans, Divertor design through adjoint approaches and efficient code simulation strategies, Contributions to Plasma Physics, 2018. In press.
- N. Horsten, G. Samaey, and M. Baelmans, Development and assessment of 2D fluid neutral models that include atomic databases and a microscopic reflection model, Nuclear Fusion 57:116043, 2017.
- M. Baelmans, K. Ghoos, P. Börner and G. Samaey, Efficient code simulation strategies for B2-EIRENE, Nuclear Materials and Energy 12:858-863, 2017.
- N. Horsten, W. Dekeyser, G. Samaey and M. Baelmans, Assessment of fluid neutral models for a detached ITER case, Nuclear Materials and Energy 12: 869-875, 2017.
- K. Ghoos, W. Dekeyser, G. Samaey and M. Baelmans, Accuracy and convergence of coupled finite-volume/Monte-Carlo codes for plasma edge simulations of nuclear fusion reactors, Journal of Computational Physics 322:162–182, 2016.
- N. Horsten, W. Dekeyser, G. Samaey, P. Börner and M. Baelmans, Fluid neutral model for use in hybrid simulations of a detached case, Contributions to Plasma Physics 56:610-615, 2016.
- N. Horsten, W. Dekeyser, G. Samaey and M. Baelmans, Comparison of fluid neutral models for 1D plasma edge modelling with a finite volume solution of the Boltzmann equation, Physics of Plasmas 23:012510, 2016.
- K. Ghoos, W. Dekeyser, G. Samaey, P. Börner, D. Reiter and M. Baelmans, Accuracy and convergence of coupled finite-volume/Monte-Carlo codes for plasma edge simulations, Contributions to Plasma Physics 56:616-621, 2016.
Coarse-grained molecular dynamics for polymer networks (2015-…)
- J. Krajniak, S. Pandiyan, Z. Zhang, E. Nies, and G.Samaey, Molecular dynamics simulations of polymerization with forward and backward reactions, 2017. Submitted.
- J. Krajniak, Z. Zhang, S. Pandiyan, E. Nies, and G.Samaey, Reverse mapping method for complex polymer systems, Journal of Computational Chemistry 39:648–664, 2018.
- J. Krajniak, S. Pandiyan, E. Nies and G. Samaey, A generic adaptive resolution method for reverse mapping of polymers from coarse-grained to atomistic descriptions, Journal of Chemical Theory and Computation 12:5549–5562, 2016.
- S. Pandiyan, J. Krajniak, G. Samaey, D. Roose and E. Nies, A molecular dynamics study of water transport inside an epoxy polymer matrix, Computational Materials Science 106:29-37, 2015.
Plant tissue deformation (2009-2011)
- P. Van Liedekerke, P. Ghysels, E. Tijskens, G. Samaey, D. Roose and H. Ramon, Mechanisms of soft cellular tissue bruising: a particle based simulation approach, Soft Matter 7:3580-3591, 2011.
- P. Van Liedekerke, E. Tijskens, H. Ramon, P. Ghysels, G. Samaey, and D. Roose. Particle-based model to simulate the micromechanics of biological cells, Physical Review E 81:061906, 2010.
- P. Van Liedekerke, E. Tijskens, P. Ghysels, G. Samaey, D. Roose, and H. Ramon. A particle based model to simulate the micromechanics of single plant cells and aggregates, Physical Biology 7:026006, 2010.
- P. Ghysels, G. Samaey, P. Van Liedekerke, E. Tijskens, H. Ramon and D. Roose, Coarse implicit time integration of a cellular scale particle model for plant tissue deformation, International Journal on Multiscale Computational Engineering 8(4):411-422, 2010.
- P. Ghysels, G. Samaey, P. Van Liedekerke, E. Tijskens, H. Ramon and D. Roose, Multiscale modeling of viscoelastic plant tissue, International Journal on Multiscale Computational Engineering 8(4):379-396, 2010.
- P. Ghysels, G. Samaey, E. Tijskens, H. Ramon and D. Roose, Multi-scale simulation of plant tissue deformation using a model for individual cell mechanics, Physical Biology 6:016009, 2009.
Microstructural evolution in metal deformation (2009-2013)
- J. Gawad, A. Van Bael, Ph. Eyckens, G. Samaey, P. Van Houtte, D. Roose, Hierarchical multiscale modeling of texture induced plastic anisotropy in sheet forming, Computational Materials Science 66:65-83, 2013.
- P. Van Houtte, J. Gawad, A. Van Bael, Ph. Eyckens, G. Samaey and D. Roose, A full-field strategy to take texture-induced anisotropy into account during FE simulations of metal forming processes, JOM 63(11):37-43, 2011.
- A. Van Bael, J. Gawad, P. Eyckens, G. Samaey, D. Roose, P. Van Houtte, Modelling texture anisotropy and its evolution in sheet forming processes. Steel Research International, Special Edition: ICTP 2011, 842-847, 2011.
- A. Van Bael, P. Eyckens, J. Gawad, G. Samaey, D. Roose, P. Van Houtte, Evolution of crystallographic texture and mechanical anisotropy during cup drawing, Steel Research International 81(9):1430-1433.
- J. Gawad, A. Van Bael, P. Eyckens, P. Van Houtte, G. Samaey, D. Roose, An effect of texture evolution on cup drawing predictions by a multiscale model, Steel Research International 81(9):1392-1395.
Other applications (2007-…)
- L. Reyserhove, V. Coppé, W. Van Colen, K. Muylaert, G. Samaey and E. Decaestecker, A historical perspective of the impact of nutrient change on an infectious disease in Daphnia, Ecology 98:2784–2798, 2017.
- H. De Gersem, S. Vanaverbeke and G. Samaey, 3D-2D coupled model for eddy currents in laminated iron cores, IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 48: 815-818, 2012.
- T. De Wolf, T. Holvoet, and G. Samaey, Development of self-organising emergent applications with simulation-based numerical analysis, In: Engineering Self-Organising Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 3910:138-152, 2005.